Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Smash and Leslie (Feb) - Rajiv+Guy (stoneware)


Smash's Feb envelope above and Leslie (below) remembered that MrWilson has a Feb birthday.


Business sized envelopes are a really fun size to work with. They are perfect for long names. Or, if you don't want to fill the space with the name, Smash's design along the left side divides the space nicely so that she ended up with a standard sized space to fit the name and address.


Any time you want to feature the word *celebrate* - consider using the business sized (or No.10) envelope. It's a nice long word.
Yeah! - a shorter word needed some extra flourishes.


 ***

Ten days ago, I posted a video from Rajiv Surendra. It featured his home with multitude of things that he's interested in. After I was so disappointed in his dumb-downed approach to bookbinding, I thought I would give another topic a try. Towards the beginning, Rajiv shows a letter he wrote that knocked the socks off a very skilled potter and Rajiv got his foot in the door to continue his studies in ceramics. 

I actually found this video quite interesting. I never know if what interests me is of interest to anyone else. I'm including it because they have a kiln explosion. My memories from college and the threat of explosions along with the kiln explosion incident in Animal House nudged me into adding this.

That people have even figured out how to fire clay and glaze it - boggles my little mind. So many complicated details - and then I start wondering if there any new innovations. Maybe I should consult with the actual potter or ceramicist that I know. I wonder which word she uses when she has to fill out a form that asks for *occupation.*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfXOa0VON98

No comments:

Post a Comment