Tuesday, April 5, 2022

From Sydney and Clover (Crunching numbers)


 I posted these two together because I knew that Clover's black ink on a dark gray envelope would not show up very well in a photograph. It's very cool and I included her insert which looks like walnut ink. 

Sydney did all that work on the  floral design. She included a nice note about what she used (Pigma markers and gouache) and then she sounded *just like me* when she described some of the *ooops* incidents and the remedies. It's so much fun to meet all kinds of new people through the blog. We do seem to be kindred spirits.

The add on for today is just number crunching. 

I just noticed the list of years in the right hand column called the Blog Archive. That's right, over 5,000 posts to scroll through. The thing that popped out at me was that Blogger has given a yearly tally of how many posts I had each year. Posting daily would result in 365 (or 366) blogs per year. I can't imagine what was going on in 2013 - because I had 517 posts. That's 152 posts beyond the one-a-day. 

Then in 2021, I was down to 385 - only 20 extra posts. I can see how that would have included the half of the year of pandemic doldrums followed by half a year of responding to the bonk on the head incident. This year has had only one extra Jan post and two extra Feb posts.

I hesitated to even mention this - but we are also at 1,420,768 views (on March 7th). Some people like to watch when the odometer rolls over a big number. It was a big deal when I rolled over to 1,000,000 views. So, I guess we can watch for 1,500,000. 

For what it's worth: It took 8 years to hit 1-million views - and only 3+ years to hit 1.5-million. 

No comments:

Post a Comment