Sunday, April 17, 2022

J's Feb odds and ends (Nanski, Kate, Jessica, Cathy)


There was an adorable little envelope drawing like this on Pinterest. I can usually do quick little scribble flowers - but this one had some problems with markers and pens that did not get along. So, I decided to just use it as stuffing in a better envelope. I also had no idea which stamp would look good - because I completely forgot that I had the new LOVE stamps. The pink one would have been very nice.


I forgot to reshoot this one after it had the stamp and address. I used the new pink LOVE stamp that is in the first photo. The pinks clashed. The envelope has hot pink and I can't think of the name for the shade of pink on the stamp. It's more muted. 




This one seems redundant. I hope I have not overused this idea on Jessica's envelopes. Her name strikes fear into the hearts of some of us. All those SS's. I thought it was just me - but someone else actually mentioned it -- so I know there are two of us - and all it takes is one other person for me to feel validated by anxiety inducing letters.

One of my ways of dealing with the s's is to make them skinny.
Scripts are also a pretty good way to handle the s.


I liked Debbie's Dec envelope and thought it was both stealworthy and impossible to mess up. Wrong. Talk about letters that strike fear. C's. I have a heck of a time with C's. And then there is the O'R. Very challenging. And she has the *thy* - just a very busy combo of 5 letters - flinging themselves in all directions.
And then the O'R is followed by the quiet little *ear.*
I always struggle with Cathy's name and now I know why.
JeanWilson would be boring without the l in Wilson - 
Jean Winson would be so boring.
I think I do better when I do CATHY in all caps.
I wonder if I have ever done an O'Rear that I like?

Also -- the marker was too dry and the letters needed to be more angular.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment