Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Leslie's thank you - late bloomers

 


Leslie sent this nice thank you for running the exchanges. She said it's her 3 year anniversary. Lauren's was 5 year. I wonder how many others know how long they have been exchanging. I think Smash, Chuck, and JeanR were all in the very first exchange -- I wonder how many old lists are in my stack. I wonder if I can remember where I put that stack.

I really like how Leslie added her own design to the preprinted thank you card.

***

Here is one of those after-thoughts I have when I am editing posts right before they pop up.

Remember that topic about regrets - and how so many people regret that they did not pursue their creative dreams when they were younger. Because I listen to so many audiobooks and I end up listening to a ton of autobiographies and a lot of them tend to be people who had long careers in something creative - I have finally discovered a very good reason to never regret that you had an interest in something creative - but you chose a different path.

People who had a successful career at something creative describe intense pressure that one has to endure to sustain a creative career. Every single one of them goes through stuff that is very difficult and the list of people who shot to stardom at an early age and then died young is pretty long. It is not a coincidence.

So, if you always dreamed of doing something creative - go ahead and give it a try. It's never too late to start most of the things on the creative spectrum. I actually can't think of anything that you can't start at a later age. Maybe you shouldn't try breakdancing if you are in your 80s. 

No comments:

Post a Comment