Sunday, April 10, 2022

Ming's Feb env - Rajiv Surendra

 


I wonder how long Ming has been working on her copperplate. It's very accomplished. Teal and red are nice color combination. The card is adorable - thanks, Ming.


***

Some of my add-ons are really avant garde artists. Here's someone at the other end of the spectrum. Rajiv Surendra. He's all over the the internet with videos encouraging people to try all kinds of things. His calligraphy work and huge chalk board lettering was what caught my eye. 

If you are intrigued with him, he is on IG and has a ton of videos. I watched the one on intro to bookbinding because I couldn't picture that being a skill to learn in one easy lesson and Oh.My.Gosh. He does not warn people about finding the grain on the paper, which can be disastrous. He cuts way too many corners for my liking. On top of that - he finds cutting mats so aesthetically unappealing that he just cuts on his hardwood floor. I was incredulous. 

So -- why am I linking to him? He's a bit of a train wreck in some areas - but - his lettering skills are lovely. Maybe he's spreading himself a little too thin. But I totally get the youthful enthusiasm to try everything. I did get a kick out of his bespoke suit. The weaver of the fabric chose two particular sheep for the two tones in the herringbone pattern. 

Rajiv's video (20 minutes)

No comments:

Post a Comment