Sunday, April 24, 2022

From Janet in March (USPS fan club)

 


Janet's envelope confused me. DMS seems like it should be the correct abbreviation for DesMoineS - but then DSM seems like what we usually use. I never thought about where the S goes. I think the airport abbreviation is probably what started it. Either one would work. Or DSMS? We could pronounce it D'zM'z.

Does this look like the scanning machines could read it? Probably not. Do I wonder who read it? Yes, I do. I have pretty much ditched the idea of having a bucket list - but I'm thinking that the tour of the PO is probably something that I still want to do. First I have to contact Natalie. 

My postal worker son gets some really good newsletters from the USPS. There is an office - out there - somewhere - with people who have to fill the pages of the newletters. One of them features wonderful things that the postal workers do - for the customers. Sometimes they save lives. Sometimes they find lost things. I need to figure out a way to get those of us who are postal aficionados linked up with the postal workers who appreciate us. Some kind of fan club.

Yeah-yeah-yeah---endless supply of good ideas here at the 420 - and minimal skills to get anything done. I even missed celebrating 420 on 4-20 - if anyone is not following me - I live at 420. If you don't know the significance of 420 - Google it. My drug of choice is coffee - so, I don't pay much attention to the other popular drugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment