Thursday, April 7, 2022

Rachael's Feb env - BW's food truck

Clover sent me a link yesterday to watch Biden sign the Postal Service Reform Act of 2022.
I was so pleased to hear that he's on board with electric vehicles.
I had no idea that the White House has a YouTube channel.
Thanks for the link, Clover.



This fun Feb exchange envelope is from Rachael and there was a darling card inside.
I am drawn to the lovely gel pen monoline script.




*** off topic add-on



Yesterday I mentioned my strong interest in architecture, and while this is not a house, I am brainstorming ideas for some kind of house for BW. BW is my son's pet. I jabbered about pets back in Jan when I was pet sitting. I am not a pet person - so, I don't want anyone to think that I am more of a cat-person than a dog-person. I know the cat-people and the dog-people can get a little skeptical about people who are not *in their camp* so to speak.

After college, my son and a buddy ran a food truck. While he is happy to be out of the food service industry, he still has a fondness for those food truck days. *Food trucking* is a *career* with all kinds of weird *glamour* associated with it. People, even people who actually have brick and mortar restaurants, have some weird idea that food trucks are cool or fun or whatever.

They are not. They are claustrophobic infernos. But, his birthday was coming up and whilst pet-sitting, I noticed how many cardboard boxes were sitting around because BW likes to hang out in boxes. So, I wanted to create a more interesting hang-out-box. I love it so much, I am probably going to make a better one. And because there was a time when I wanted to be an architect, I see a cardboard Frank Lloyd Wright home in BW's future.

This is what the actual food truck looked like - from the side with the order window.



And if anyone is wondering why BW's looks so primitive - I actually intended for it to look like a crazy-cat-lady made it. I did not allow myself to buy a single thing to make it. I had to figure out things that were already on hand.

Next project is either a tipi (or teepee if you prefer), igloo, FLW, or a giant Lego-inspired fun house with various components.

This shows the pick-up window on the back. I put a photo of my son and his buddy in that window - so it looks like them - standing inside the truck. Someday, I need to make the napkin holder and condiments that were always on the little shelf.




The blog post was a little late yesterday. I had forgotten to set the time for 1:00 am.

 

1 comment: