Saturday, April 9, 2022

Jessica and Patty(?) Stalk & Spade

This is from the stack of mystery mail that I ran in early March. I bumped this post so that we could celebrate the passage of the Postal Service Reform Act.

I'll have a cup of coffee with my Popsicles. As far as I know, Jessica is the only exchanger from Ft Myers and I have a feeling that the popsicles are from Patty. I'm not positive - but, I think I can usually recognize her penmanship on her address. I've fallen off on my reminders to make the addresses legible. 

Both of these are good examples of friendly to the USPS addresses. 





***

I saw that McD's was going to do test marketing of their plant based burger (The McPlant) in DSM. I sent MrW to investigate and they did not have them at the one nearest our house and I'm not interested in looking further. I wonder if it bombed.

A couple days later, there was an article announcing a Stalk & Spade, the *world's first vegan franchise, coming to DSM. There was an image of their logo and it sure looked like beef on the hoof to me. Upon closer inspection, it is a leaf that has morphed into a steer-like animal. Stylized. I am OK with the logo but the actual lettering has some quirks that I do not understand.

Are the little *dash* things on the T and the P really contributing anything? To me, they just look like they are trying to grab attention because the rest of the lettering is so generic. I wonder where they got that ampersand. The way it slants is off-putting to my eyes. More pleading for attention?

***
Oh - I get it -- I finally figured out what those two random lines are intended to do. Can anyone else figure it out? And if you saw it within 15 seconds - let me know. Leave a comment - or send an email to PTEnvelopes(at)aol(dot)com

***

Quick covid warning -- my daughter knows 3 people who were full vaccinated, had breakthrough cases of covid - and then had second breakthrough cases within 90 days. So - it seems like the latest strain is aggressive. I thought there was a longer window of *no worries* if you did have it - but apparently not.

2 comments:

  1. Slash on T is a leaf off a stalk. Slash on P makes it a spade. Got it in less than 5. Oh and the ampersand is a plowshare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations -- I am impressed. I still think there are too many things going on ----

      Delete