Friday, April 22, 2022

HCYGBOTWTINT? - @hooplaletters


 These envelope ideas are from Kimberly Shrack's IG. Maybe I've linked to her previously. Today, I am linking because yesterday when I woke up - and checked the blog - there was no new post. This was the second time in just two or three weeks that that happened. The only people who will have noticed will be the night owls who stay up past 1:00 am and check the blog - or the Europeans - or the extreme early birds. 

https://www.instagram.com/hooplaletters/

OldJean would have been a lot more concerned about the blip in scheduling the daily post. NewJean just went into her dashboard and bumped the Friday post to Thursday and started a new Friday post. The first thing she thought (and also used for the title) was How Can You Get Back On Track When There Is No Track?

This is a cryptic message to my BigHelpfulBrother. He had a blip in his own calm and sensible life when a complication blind-sided him. I was only learning about it after the fact. Part of me always wishes I could be helpful to him - but for the past 30+ years - he's been bailing me out of my *situations.* And I just shower him with thanks. 

And then I had to do a quick post for Friday. And that line popped into my head. And then I thought to myself: Maybe there is no track. Maybe I need to stop trying to get back on my track because it is an illusion. And then: there I was - standing on the metaphorical train track and this giant steam engine ran into me.

I'm curious to know, BHB, have you figured out where this story is going?

He probably remembers that the last coherent thing our mom said before she died was, "Your dad is off his track." She was resting comfortably in the same room at hospice where he had died 8 years previously. The pain meds had contributed to a pleasant end-of-the-road. The comment was a little *out there.* But, so was she.

So, today, I am embracing the idea that maybe I/we don't need to be on any track. Maybe I can just embrace the endless not-knowing-where-things-are-headed. And yes -- this is coffee talking.

No comments:

Post a Comment