Monday, April 11, 2022

Irene's Feb env - Playmobile boat


Here's a lovely February envelope and bookmark from Irene. I agree that books and movies are apples and oranges. I'm sure I've already written about this but it's one of those things I'm glad I learned - so I like to offer it as a warning. If you read a book that strikes you as something very special that will stay with you - and you felt like you were *there*-  and then they make a movie - DO NOT go to the movie. If the images in your head are strong - you really don't want the images that a movie will create to compete with what's in your head. It takes some willpower to not see a movie of a favorite book - but sometimes, you just need a book to be the thing you will always remember. 

I'm fine with Brad Pitt -- but having read A River Runs Through It - I knew that I did not want him blended with the images conjured up by the book.
 

***

I'm a big fan of Playmobile toys because they are well made and seemed to draw my kids and the grandkids into hours of imaginative play. Here is a story about 2 brothers in Scotland who readied their Playmobile toy ship for voyage across the ocean, put in a tracking device, and tracked it all the way to South America. That sentence hardly tells the story.

https://track-adventure.squarespace.com/our-adventure

The boys have a list of 500 other things they are hoping to do. I'm pretty sure I need to start a list with my grandkids.

***

I pulled up the list - and they made it through the first 100 - and then got tired of the process. They had already accomplished quite a few items.


No comments:

Post a Comment