Monday, April 25, 2022

(Q1) - From JeanR in March


Isn't this pretty?
I wonder if Jean lined up a row of envelopes and made long swoops across all of them? Assembly lining envelopes seems like a good idea. Keeping the address easy to read (by scanners) and at the bottom of the envelope is a good idea. There is a lovely coordinating card, too. The brown looks more like gouache or paint - rather than walnut ink - but, ya never know.


I'm writing this on Tuesday, April 5th. I just emailed out the lists for the April exchange. I was tempted to whine that I am stuck in my guest room at my daughter's house because two people have tested positive for Covid. The other 3 of us are waiting for our PCR test results. I am thankful that the kids are 6 and 8 because they can understand the things we have to do. None of us have been complacent at all. Maybe this strain is more aggressive?

I do need to do my morning jabber -- so, whether you like it or not - you are going to get some jabbering from a quarantined person. I'll label them Q1, Q2, etc - and maybe I can delete some of them if better topics pop up.
***
I deleted my first quarantine post - because it was boring - and re-wrote this to reflect that things turned out fine.

***
Update on Sunday, April 10th, during my trip to Chicago. 

The 6 year old grandson had 8 kids in his class test positive. He was asymptomatic. The rest of us have had fairly mild cases. Now that we have turned the corner, we're slightly less panicked about life during a pandemic.

For us -- the early warning sign that we missed - was that the 6 year old mentioned that he had a *frog in his throat.* His parents felt really dumb that they didn't interpret that comment as a covid-symptom. Once we experienced our first symptom - a frog in our throat - we realized that it doesn't feel like illness - it just feels froggy. I suppose there are lots of different symptoms - but, for what it's worth - if you feel a frog in your throat - maybe do a rapid test. A few more tips will pop up over the next few posts.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment