Tuesday, April 26, 2022

HB to Patty + Chuck/Leslie/Janet/JeanR (March)


Patty had a birthday in March so I thought I would drop a card in the mail - even though I did not participate in the March exchange. I frequently think of going through all my exemplars and posting all of them - one-at-a-time - as a way of putting them all online so that I can toss the big fat notebooks. Part of me also wants to count how many I have - because I know it is up in the hundreds. 

I can't post the ones with copyrights - but I can always do my own versions of those - so, the idea was to do my own versions on envelopes. I pulled out the first exemplar which I remember getting from Chuck. I'm guessing it is in the public domain. Maybe not. It is posted at the end of this post. 

There were two bad purple blobs on the PATTY - I photographed them and then covered them up with bits of sticky white paper from the edge of the sheet of stamps. I think there is a name for that stuff - in fabric it would be the selvage. Is it the same with stamps?


I do like to do a bunch of names in one style. It helps to figure out how to fit them together. It is always helpful to get a little bouncy to fit them together.


Comparing Janet and Jean -- I like the proportion on JEAN much better. And when I compare it to the actual exemplar - it is interesting to note that the original is a taller-skinnier proportion. Once again- paying attention to the original is a good idea.


My favorite thing about the exemplar is how the panel of flowers goes from white on black (at the top) to black on white (at the bottom.) So cool. It is all done with very fine cross-hatching lines. Nice numbers, too. So - if you like this style - print out the exemplar and maybe take it for a spin.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment