Monday, April 4, 2022

Donated birthday cards


I did the one on the left first and thought it might be a little too bouncy so I tried a second version where I did some measuring. I actually like the one on the left better. I changed the proportions, too. And the one on the left is better. The whimsical aspect seems more fun. The candles on the right one were too high so I filled in the space with dots. The dots might be better than the confetti.


This one was leftover from the first batch and did not have the color on it. I kept it because it was a little blah. Luckily, I ran across my neon gel pens. They were just right for giving it a punch of color. Colored markers would not have worked on that gray paper.

Below was an idea that I did not like one bit. But -- I didn't dislike it enough to pitch it.
I found a stack of a very nice felt finish, text weight paper. I did a French fold on the paper and the paper was large enough for a 5x7 inch card. I love finding a good use for all my excess paper.


I've posted the donated birthday cards on the last 3 Mondays - and that's all for this month.
I hope it is OK that they are not envelopes. As I mentioned - most of the ideas could be used on envelopes and they are all super easy. I'm on an *easy* binge. Or perhaps I am in my *easy* years. They're like the golden years, I guess - but, it's pretty hard to consider anything *golden* during this pandemic. I'm writing this on Feb 21 - and just heard of three more people I know (fully vaccinated) who have break through cases. It seems like there are soooo many. Grrrr.
***
and now it is April 2 - and I realized that I dropped off the next batch of cards a couple days ago and forgot to take pictures of them. Grrrrrr.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment