Saturday, April 2, 2022

CathyO - to Hunter

 



This very cool envelope came for Hunter - from CathyO - one of our esteemed postal worker pals. She is retired - and someday, I hope to figure out a way to show up at a conference or workshop that she is attending so I can bombard her with postal questions. In the mean time - she is most generous with her beautiful work. 

And -- those of you who do italics -- please note the gracefully understated height of the caps on the name and address. So pretty.

She included this adorable little book for Hunter - and I was at his house when he opened it. He took the time to read it - cover-to-cover. I think I bought The Seven Little Postmen for my grandkids. It's a Little Golden Book. I need to find it and retrieve it - and put it on Hunter's bookshelf.










And while we are in a postal mood -- it seems odd that this is the first time I have ever done a search for an authentic leather postman's bag. This one is only $500. There are others for $1,300-$1,500.




2 comments:

  1. I remember when they carried those bags, that was when we got mail twice a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember those bags, too. But -- only had once a day delivery. I've only heard about twice a day. Out in Montana - my grandma only got mail on Mon-Wed and Fri. It was a rural route.

      Delete