Monday, April 18, 2022

From Leslie in Feb


Leslie and her folded pen. These are really nice. I wonder if Leslie ever tosses anything any more. It looks like she is getting to the point where she has achieved a consistency and predictability and probably doesn't turn out any clunkers any more. Maybe she will tell us.

I, on the other hand, have gotten so rusty that I have been turning out mostly clunkers. They're OK - but, when I scroll back over the past 12 years - there are definitely some things that have a lot more finesse than what I am doing these days.

This is not complaining - it is just an observation. I only mention it to reassure anyone who is going through a rough patch that they shouldn't get too stressed about it. It's an opportunity to explore alternatives. That's the path that I am on. Don't hold your breath. They might be dead ends. But, they might not.

Either way, it's fine with me. (Quote from Randy of the Redwoods. Does anyone remember Randy?)


 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jean! I don't know if anyone ever reads these comments, but I'm posting anyway, just in case! First off, thanks for the kind words! But, alas, I do have plenty of "nearly there's" that go into trash-land. However, I am now (almost) finally at a point where I'm confident enough to know I can probably reproduce the same way. Still frustrating though.

    Second, just to clarify...Your name in white was done with a broad tip Posca marker, not a folded pen. BUT that's the look I was going for, so yay! ("Valentine" was done with one of my folded pens.)

    I do love gestural/abstract/expressive lettering!

    ReplyDelete