Friday, April 8, 2022

Patty's tiger and watercolor - Overusing *deeply*




This very fun tiger arrived - from Patty. She said she was inspired by Ed Emberley. Having the tail wrap around to the back is a nice touch. The gold is paint-like so it might be a gold Sharpie paint pen. And the insert looks like one of her watercolors. It's very nice - unsigned - so if it is not by Patty, I am sure she will let me know.

One of these days I'm going to do some Ed Emberley inspired envelopes. 


 ***

Just so you know that I am on top of the trendy-ness of words - recent reader comments in the NYTimes included people complaining that the word *deeply* is being overused. They also mentioned *brothy* and  *jammy* as being annoyingly over used. I'm going to stick with deeply for a while. In case nobody has noticed, I do not use the word *awesome* because it is -to my ears- the most overused word of the past decade. Maybe even two. So there.



No comments:

Post a Comment