Saturday, October 23, 2021

Pre-penciled to Jessica (2 more ho-hum-s)


 I rather like this one. As I mentioned in a fairly recent post, Schwessinger is the longest name that I work with on a monthly basis. Jessica is long enough that it stacks pretty well. This font is definitely better with the raven stamp than those other fonts that were so delicate. The raven needs something chunky or bold.

I guess I should add the last two in the first batch of Sept exchange envelopes since they are ho-hum-s. It is a shame that two very talented calligraphers get ho-hum-s. But, that's how the exchange works. We just do stuff and drop it in the mail. I needed to get myself back in the groove and it wouldn't be healthy to get all worked up about the quality. 

Cathy's was penciled in - so that's my excuse on this one. 


Kate's would have been fine, if the name was larger. The western wear stamps will be fun to use on the October exchange envelopes. It seems like very odd subject matter for stamps. Western wear? Maybe they just wanted some balance after the Oscar de la Renta stamps. Yup. That's it. I'm glad I pondered that and came up with a good reason. I can't imagine any other clothing/fashion topic that will be featured on a stamp. Athleisure? I don't think so.



No comments:

Post a Comment