Sunday, October 17, 2021

My September ho-hums and duds (KristineK)


A few of you have reprimanded me when I complain about my own envelopes. I had to take August off because of my brain injury. And Sept was feeling a little iffy. I'm writing this the day before October 1 - and am happy to report that I am looking forward to doing the October exchange. 

The three above are OK. I like the font a lot. And I liked those stamps. But, the playful stamps and playful font needed one more playful element that I just never figured out.

Chuck's August envelope used a font that I was sure I would be able to do to my liking. Surprisingly, it did not work out at all. I only did these two and moved on to some other ideas. I can't even put my finger on what's wrong with them. Maybe they stray too far from the exemplar. Maybe I was just rusty. Maybe they are missing one more playful element.

Maybe I just liked the colors - but the whole idea of backyard games dredged up how pitiful I was at backyard games. My gross motor skills were dismal. I still duck if anyone tosses me a ball. At least I learned how to ride a bike.



***
The fun envelope posted below arrived recently and the end of the envelope was open - and there was nothing inside - so, I just wanted to let KristineK know that if there was important news -- I didn't get it. Feel free to email me jmwilson411-at-yahoo-dot-com

I am on my way to Chicago for two weeks - so I will not be sending any mail - although, I do keep up with the blog whenever I am out of town.

Note to Stella: I have your lovely postcard on the top of the stack of mail that I will be replying to - hopefully in two weeks. Sorry it has taken me so long.













 

No comments:

Post a Comment