Friday, October 8, 2021

Janet - Looking for stuff (The Monks Manual)


A card and envelope from Janet. Such a fun sentiment. Yes - going outside and looking for stuff. What a perfect activity in the fall. Unless you are tempted to collect leaves. And other dried plant materials. It takes a lot of self control for me to not collect things in the fall. I guess one up-side of my bonked head is that it does hurt a bit when I bend over, so I tend to avoid doing that.

And those are such nice stamps. I wonder if they are still available.

OK -- Time to find the next item in the PutOnBlog folder - my new *game.* The little guy living in my head has been blocking my interest in some of my other daily games. I can't imagine he is going to out-fox me.

Ahhhh -- The Monk Manual. It says it is a daily system for peaceful being and purposeful doing. I have no idea why I thought this might be of interest to my readers. It seems like there are endless products and websites and books from people who want to promote peacefulness/mindfulness/purposefulness/etc. I can't imagine that I would ever find one that I would recommend. Even if I found something that worked for me, I wouldn't expect that it would work for anyone else. Technically, I think the only thing I do (besides drinking my morning coffee) on a daily basis - that I think contributes to my well-being - is keeping up the blog. 

And it is not like that was my original motivation. All I wanted to do was stay in touch with my students by offering post-class ideas. Now, I have to figure out if any of those original students are still with me. I'm thinking JeanR is the only one. Wow. That's pretty cool. Of course, it's cooler if you know JeanR. They always say a teacher should be most proud of any student who surpasses the skill of the teacher and I can honestly say that the work Jean has been doing in the classes she's been taking is way beyond anything I'm doing -- so that makes me happy.

Here is The Monk Manual.
It's only worth clicking on if you are in serious need of avoiding some chores.


 

3 comments:

  1. I think you should rerun the Norwegian monk getting tech support for a book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi this is Steven Lawson (creator of the Monk Manual). Just wanted to say I'm happy to hear the tool is helping you, and that I appreciate you spreading the word. Take care. - Steve

    ReplyDelete