Saturday, October 2, 2021

Janet sometimes looks for stuff (teal) Smart glasses


I am drawn to cards with vintage photographs. I had to put the making of cards from my stash of vintage photos on the NGH list. Not Gonna Happen. Once again, I am writing blog posts during the arsenic hour so I am too lazy to go get the note that was enclosed with this. As I recall, there was a description of how the teal pattern made its way onto the envelope. Scanning fabric seems like something that would be fun and easy. I'm wondering if there would be issues with the writing ink sticking to the toner on the scanned image. Ink jet ink seems a bit fragile and laser printer ink has a different feel - almost like a raised, baked on material. 


***
For a really long time, probably when cell phones started getting really small - which was quite a while ago because now they are getting to be way too big. But as they smallerized, I kept saying -- someday our phones will be in the temples of our glasses and there will be a camera and we can just walk around filming and shooting everything we look at and just talking on our phones through our glasses.

And then Google glasses came out and they were a huge flop.

And then on Sept 10th, I saw this article. I have no idea how long it will stay up -- and maybe by the time you read this it will not be news to anyone and they might have become another flop - but I do not bump anything previously written. I am vigilant about just writing in order.

I keep thinking that this is an April fool article. It does not seem possible that one could have both a camera/video and a phone in their RayBans.  If anyone has a pair -- please let me know how they are working. I won't *out* the person I am thinking of who might have them -- someone who has a husband who loves techie stuff and buys her clever gadgets that she doesn't always think she needs. 


Here is the kicker -- RayBan has partnered with FaceBook. My new prediction is that there is a secret mind control feature that only a few people know about. When this blows up -- it's gonna be big.

The link is to a NYTimes article. If you can't get into it - just Google *RayBan Smart Glasses* and there should be some other articles.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment