Monday, October 11, 2021

Patriotic Patty. (trekking?)


This is a fun idea - and by the time this pops up I hope I have talked to Patty and heard all about her trek. My sketchy memory seems to recall that she was invited to go on a hike in Colorado. The last time I saw her, she was having some reservations. But, the next time I heard from her, I had emailed her and she was on the trek. So, we might be in for a good story.

I'm pretty impressed with some of the adventures that people go on. The photographs of the adventures usually give me those stomach churns that I get when I am near the edge of anything. There are a ton of things that I can't wrap my head around - that people like to do - that scare the livin' daylights out of me. This is a prime example of - it's not the content, it's the process. What is going on with people who are fearless adventurers? Where is that fearlessness located? Where did it come from? 

And on the other side of the coin - I don't even know what to call those of us who are not risk takers. Scaredy cat doesn't seem right. Risk avoiders is the obvious term - but I think we can do better.

****
What a strange post - written a while back.
No time to revise it.

****
My apologies for the phonics rant. It was just whining.
This post seems long enough - so I am going to skip an add-on from the folder.

****
Real time add on -- Patty responded to my phonics rant yesterday and assured me (reassured me) that I was not alone in my issues with phonics. Thank you, Patty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment