Sunday, October 31, 2021

Do my Dec mailing in Nov (Lynne's b'day)

Here is my reminder to get all my December mailings done in November. No exceptions.

This was the photo I posted on Dec 16, 2020. That was our first pandemic holiday season.

I will add a link to Dec 16, in case you have a ton of time to kill. I couldn't even read all of it myself. There is a lot of ranting. At the end, Kathleen left a comment that she enjoyed the rant... which is the only reason I am adding the link. It was helpful for me to see some of the reminders to myself. Maybe others need reminders to not get caught up in too much holiday *stuff.*



Here is a random envelope because I am vigilant about having an envelope every day.
Lynne got the last 2 Happy Birthday stamps. I need to buy some of the new Happy Birthday Forevers.
I was so disappointed that I did not turn the Y in LYNNE into a happy character. All it needed was a happy head on top of the shoulders (the arms are extended with exuberance) and some simple legs. Grrrrr. 

There will be some more envelopes coming up done with my 1-inch marker. They are all either duds of ho-hums. That marker usually perks me up - but not this time. 


A couple days ago I thought I might not have any more rants in me. Ha! All I had to do was receive some news from ding-dong-Iowa while I am here in Chicago. The community of Chicago has very strict masking rules and people abide by them and there is a sense of camaraderie along with very low case numbers of covid. In ding-dong-Iowa (my apologies for insulting bells - but I am trying to avoid the saltier language that would do a more accurate job of describing the ding-dongs in Iowa) the ding-dongs are complacent and ignorant. A terrible combination. I will not get into specifics. I will just seethe as I dread my return which will be on Nov 1st. 

I hope all y'all are staying safe and not being lulled into complacency.






No comments:

Post a Comment