Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Leafy envelopes from Debbie and Faye (outdoor school)



Another fun fall design. My favorite part was figuring out the fold. It's pretty easy. I wonder if anyone can figure it out from the unfolded one.




I figured is out on a piece of scratch paper.
Below we have more leaves from Faye.


It's the 8th of October. Perfect fall weather. Zero motivation to get back to my chores.

*****

I had a different story here - but it was whiny, so I deleted it. Instead we will continue the conversation about how boys like to make balls and invent games. I am currently on a 2 week adventure as a household helper with my grandkids. I'm able to walk them to school and pick them up. Oh.My.Gosh. I forgot all about the running, jumping, climbing, etc that is involved with older kids who need to get somewhere. 
Yikes. And then you park them in a public school for 7 hours. When my boys were young, I had an idea for an entirely out-of-doors school. They could learn all the same stuff, they just learned it out doors. 

My daughter has put up with me jabbering about it. And we even heard about an outdoor pre-school here in Chicago. I am also a huge fan of Montessori - and that worked out very well for her kids. But, after the adventure of getting the kids to school on a 15-minute walk. I Googled outdoor schools and found that they are fairly well organized - but only pre-school. Too bad there isn't an option for older kids.


And if you have never heard of the working ranch two-year college for boys -- this school fascinates me.
There is no tuition - but they do a significant amount of work to keep the ranch running. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment