Thursday, September 30, 2021

Lauren's Celebration of Mail (Bunny book on YouTube)


Lauren is a whiz at happy mail. The celebrate stamps are super happy.
I can't tell if the black items are rubber stamps or digital art. Either way -- everything is right up my alley. I wonder where that expression came from but not enough to go off on a surfing mission.



Gina knew the name of that children's book I was trying to remember a couple weeks ago. The Country Bunny and the Little Gold Shoes. I could not find a digital option to read it, but there is a woman who has recorded it on YouTube and it was surprising to see that it took 30 minutes for her to read it. I did not recall all the details in the book when I wrote the blog post - just the part that the mom of 21 little bunnies had them trained to do all the chores and two of them got to be the entertainers. I think a couple of them were artists who made paintings to hang in the house. I just flipped through the video - so I still do not have all the details. But, I had forgotten a huge portion of the book.

I can't imagine that any of you want to spend a half hour listening to the book so I will tell you how it ends. Of course, if you want to listen to the book, you can stop reading now. The visual while she reads the story are all the pages of the book.

In the end, mom is awarded the little gold shoes because she goes on a long trek to take a special Easter egg to a special child and she is in pain from a foot or leg problem. So she is awarded the gold shoes which cure the pain. When she gets home - everything is in order because she has done such a good job of raising her kids. I do not recall seeing any dad in the story. Pretty surprising for a 1939 book. 


In my search for this book, I found (and lost) some really good sites with digitized children's books. If anyone knows where I might've been, please let me know. Thanks.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment