Thursday, September 2, 2021

CathyO - Orange w/ black and white


Somehow the June, July and August envelopes have intermingled which is just fine. We're going to try to get back on track and talk about lettering and design. I'm wildly crazy about this style and I don't think we even need an exemplar. If I get around to trying it and come up with all 26 letters, I will post them.

This is another very cool design to go with stamps that are sooooo graphic. When I first saw them I was blown away. The USPS is saddled with the worst possible person as the postmaster general, but they sure have some good people working on the stamp designs.

This envelope reminds me of another all time favorite from CathyO - the Ray Charles stamp - I remember orange and black and white -- but not sure what color the envelope was. I do recall doing a direct lift of Cathy's design.

There is no way to see how cool this is. The paper is pleated in two directions. It is soooo cool. Once again - it's on the come back list. That's not the right name of the list. Grrrrrr. I can't remember what the word or words I use to label posts that I want to come back to. Grrrrr

Whew. I figured it out. FOLLOW-UP is the label. I'm restraining myself from doing a search - and looking at all the things I intended to follow up on. PNGH. Probably Not Gonna Happen.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment