Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Chuck/Daisies/George


If you enlarge the image, you can see how fine the dots are in the background. I feel like Chuck told me about a new tool he had that could make multiple dots. Or maybe the little martian co-pilot in my head is inserting fake memories. It's a lotta little dots.

I'm fond of the style of lettering and if there were some way to keep a list of all the styles I want to try, it would be on it. It's also one that would be fun to try to extrapolate a full alphabet from just these four letters. 

The daisies reminded me of a conversation I had with Peggy, someone I met in college (1969) and after I got married (1979) we reconnected because she was the director of the studio programs at the museum where I taught. We have delightful conversations about art. Not too long ago there was a blog post about the most popular color. I asked Peggy what she thought was the most popular color - blue - it seems like it's an obvious answer. Then I asked her to guess the least popular color. She guessed orange. Nope. Then she said yellow. Yup. And she sorta turned her nose up at yellow. I agreed that it is not a flattering color on a lot of people if we are thinking about clothes. But, I could not imagine a world without yellow. She gave me a funny look - as if to say she needed a convincing example. So, I said, sunshine and and daisies. To which she replied, daisies are white. Well - OK - the petals are white but without that bright spot of yellow in the middle they would be a boring mum. Not that mums are awful. They are fine if you need something very subtle or a background for the more vibrant flowers.

I did some more research and there are many *most popular color* lists. Some of them divide it into two lists - man and women. On one site orange came up as the least favorite of women. So, as usual - internet information is variable. But, I'm pretty sure blue always comes in first.

No comments:

Post a Comment