Sunday, September 12, 2021

Janet's mail bag etc (USPS uniforms etc)


Janet had her return address in the upper left corner, so I placed that cool patch over the address. I'll have to check with my little postal worker. As I recall, they are not supposed to buy postal uniforms for non-postal workers. One year, when he was in college, he worked for UPS during the holiday season when they put an extra person in as many trucks as possible. During the training session for all these temporary workers, they were emphatic that if you did not turn in your brown jacket when your employment ended, they would send sheriffs to hunt you down and retrieve them. Apparently, the people who want to dress like UPS drivers are up to no good. So, I imagine the USPS is also aware that impersonating a postal worker is only for no good. Althoughhhhhhhhhh - I did see an article that during the 2020 Halloween season, UPS and USPS *costumes* were very popular because housebound people were more aware of the carriers.


Here is the back of the envelope -- a friendly  guy -- although not quite trendy. I'm still liking my idea to turn the USPS into the new *hot* place for jobs. Hunter finally got promoted out of his entry level job. He did not realize that in the olden days, you did not get out of entry level without doing some time on the night shift -- so he's pretty pumped that he got to skip that part of the process. 

Patty has the cutest postal themed t-shirt. Where's it from, Patty? I'll post a link if they are still available.

Oh, dear. I just Googled USPS t-shirt. I will not provide a link. You have to go there on your own. There are some nice ones and some rude ones. 

Here is the USPS official gift shop.
Tons of fun stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment