Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Leslie -for MrW (decorated car)



This is from Leslie, thanking MrWilson for taking such good care of me. We both like it a lot. That Leslie has her gestural work down. I always enjoy the notes she encloses because sometimes there are things that were not what she intended and sometimes she gets into the *regret* zone. But, it seems like I have convinced her that we would prefer people just send things along - even if they aren't *perfect.* As if anything is perfect.

Here is a fun car. Chuck sent me this photo. I'd really like to see Leslie design a car. Hers could be either an all over pattern - or maybe something along the sides, like flames, only it would be flourishing. Or t-shirts. I wonder if she's ever done t-shirts.


Sakura has reissued some of my favorite markers. Permapaque.
JetPens does not have them yet - so there are no examples. I have a few old ones that are just about dried up. I used them on my first project after the head-bonk. They will show up in October. But you can search Sakura Permapaque if you remember them. They were opaque - so they showed up very nicely on dark papers. They had two tips - a large chisel point and a smaller bullet point. They were like a paint marker, but they dried faster.

*****
A few days ago, I had hoped to get Rachael's exact comment added to the kraft paper envelope with black and white - but, I didn't. Then I saw it yesterday - and she said she sometimes practices ideas using my name and then is undecided about whether or not she should send them. That one had been in the ponder pile - and then she decided to send it. I do the same thing. I found a stack of penciled ideas that I probably did a year ago - so I used them for the Sept exchange --- finding them was like finding a $20 bill in the pocket of a jacket that you have not worn for a long time.




 

8 comments:

  1. It looks like BLICK has the markers in many colors. Do you find the dual point or the fine point more valuable?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I generally like anything with two options -- although the fine tips are often the best choice for addresses.
      Thanks for finding this source.

      Delete
  2. Dick Blick has them. https://www.dickblick.com/products/sakura-permapaque-opaque-paint-marker/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! These comments made me chuckle. First off, Better done than perfect, eh? (otherwise, I'd RARELY send anything!) :D 2) Love that phrase, "Regret Zone", and 3) Yes, I've actually done t-shirt before, but just a small amount for family/friends. And now, thanks to VistaPrint, I'm actually starting to print off cards of things that have turned out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmmm -- Vista Print has t-shirts from $12- $20
      That might not include shipping -- but it might be worthwhile to look into this.

      Delete
  4. 20 Piece - Dual point sets! ..

    https://www.amazon.com/Sakura-Permapaque-58302-Artists-Assorted/dp/B071X3R3RF

    ReplyDelete