Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Lynne & Leslie. (loosening up)


I forgot to fill in some talking on this one, which has been loaded for several weeks. As I recall, Lynne had a note enclosed that said she was interested in loosening up a bit. The style she used is called Weaver Writing, which was designed by Gwen Weaver. When we had a local guild, Gwen was one of the people we invited to teach a workshop. I really enjoyed Weaver Writing -- and also her Rascally Romans.

I might pull out some ink and try some to see how loose I can go with the Weaver Writing. I have not done it in quite some time. I had been working on my big project of converting the garage into a studio - because the weather was perfect. I needed to have the doors open because I was using a nasty solvent to clean the wooden shelves. But, it is going to be in the high 80s - even 90s for a few days, so, my nibs and ink are calling.

Leslie could give lessons in loosening up. I already know the secret. Time. You just need to put in the hours. I heard that Leslie is doing a massive studio re-organization. Nothing like big projects to lure some of us to our desks. 

Also -- inheriting art supplies from people who are downsizing. I have a nice pile of paper, colored pencils, etc. I did not know that they made chunky size colored pencils. The pencil isn't any larger - just the lead. They are very cool. Maybe I'll try them out on the October exchange.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment