Friday, September 24, 2021

Ruth's Feel Better / Dec mail / Nutella

Thanks to Anthracite Woman for reminding me what that word is for types of food (that is not genre) -- it's cuisine. I was so happy to get that word back and hope that it sticks. Also, I am happy to report that I keep feeling better. I have no idea if there is any actual progress, but just knowing I have this posse of people who will help me remember the things that seem to have been deleted makes me feel so much better.


Ruth has signed up for a ton of classes and I love hearing from her. Here is a link to all the posts where I have mentioned Ruth. I rather like the idea of taking a little trip down memory lane via the blog. The thing that strikes me about Ruth is how much variety there is to her work. 


Some of my envelopes are mixed in.


It is Sept 9th and I need to add the commentary to the posts that have photos but no words. While I have mentioned this previously, I don't think I can say it enough - I really have appreciated all the wonderful mail and emails that have arrived. 

And, once again, I am stunned at the difficult situations that other people are in - and yet they have the time and energy to stay in touch with me. I get so many thank-yous from people who sign up for the exchange. It continues to be something that I enjoy as much as the exchangers do.

Early warning. I am not going to send anything in December. I will put holiday envelopes inside of November envelopes. But, I will not add to the tsunami of mail in Dec. I will still run the exchange. It's probably too early to start yakking about Dec. 

***
Now it is the 20th and I can report that the grandkids did not bamboozle me on the recent trip. Apparently they only try bamboozling when the parents are out of town. They did, however, recruit me for some mild rule-breaking which was confined to eating Nutella before the parents woke up. My granddaughter wanted to know why her mom buys things that no-one is allowed to eat. I agreed -- it does not make sense. Mostly, moms don't make sense.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment