Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Janet's Blue Ribbon for MrW. (vaccine rant)


Above is the back -- which has very fun details.
Below is the front -- again - clever details and amazing how perfect the colors of the stamp are with the Iowa State Fair promotional materials.

Janet said that she had second thoughts about being so vocal about the topic. For some people, the Iowa State Fair is one of the highlights of their year so it's possible the Wilson's were in that camp. For me, the risk of mingling with unvaccinated party people was a no brainer.

I will go on record, right here, right now, that I have all kinds of confidence that some really conscientious people worked really hard to get a safe vaccine out faster than any of us could have imagined. Then the amazing accomplishment turned into something that is so tragic and pitiful that I am left speechless on the topic. 

If my perspective is upsetting to you, we can part ways.
I keep really really neutral about all kinds of things.
But, this time -- I am emphatically on the side of the vaccine.
I think I already mentioned that people who do not *believe* in vaccines should not be eligible for health care. That's pretty radical. But, if you don't *believe* in the vaccine - why do suddenly *believe* in all the other drugs they will be pumping into you?

And now -- we will proceed to the frosting on the cake.
MrWilson got a blue ribbon in caregiving.
I wish I had a video of him pulling the blue ribbon out of the envelope.
He was dee-lighted.
He took photos so he could show people. 
I'm pretty sure he knows how to attach photos to emails.

Thanks so much Janet -- he is truly deserving of a blue ribbon.
Although, I am curious about one thing - which I will put into the next blog post that needs words.







 

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome!! Made me chuckle. Nice printing Janet! (Love the "ed" at the end of Recommend -- clever!)

    Cancellations are weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This envelope is amazing! Everything about it is so well thought out and beautifully done. Jean, I completely agree with you. I would go a little farther and say that those who still refuse to have the vaccination should be made to stay at home - it is time for the rest of us to be free, after being cooped up for the past 19 months! No work, no play, nothing. Stay home until this is under control, and then for a period of time afterwards just to be sure! Thanks for voicing your opinion (and, Janet, that goes for you, too).

    ReplyDelete