Sunday, September 26, 2021

Actual pen pal, MikeM.




This is some beautiful work from my actual penpal. We connected through The Flourish Forum and it is fun to get real mail. I was looking for a way to stay awake during the arsenic hours - and I had been organizing all my pens and markers -- and I found 3 that were .38 -- super fine. Mike likes very fine and tiny writing, so I wrote him a whole letter with the various tiny pens. It was fun although it was just drivel about the pens. Now I have to obsess about what kind of envelope to send to him. Maybe I need to fill that Copic marker that is about an inch across.

The arsenic hours are what I call those hours where I have run out of energy but it is too early to start the actual sleeping. When the kids were little, 4-5 was the arsenic hour. Kids tend to get tired/crabby/hungry around 4 pm. If you try to fix dinner, things just go from bad to worse. My solution was to have *dinner* right after they got out of school and then have something to eat later. It was pretty radical. But we seem to have survived. 

Have I devolved into whining? I hope not. If I have time, I will rewrite this one. If not, I hope I am not driving you away. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment