Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Maggie/Cary/Flowers


 Maggie's note was cute -- she wasn't sure if the stamps related to the design -- but decided it wouldn't be bad for Cary Grant to deliver flowers. I agree. She said her *executive decision* was deciding between Cary Grant or Mr Rogers. To tell you the truth - I'd have a hard time choosing between those two. What's not to love about Mr Rogers. And I always enjoyed Cary Grant's perspective on how his life turned out. He said,

Everyone wants to be Cary Grant. Even I want to be Cary Grant. Let me expand a bit. I sense that you may feel that I am free of problems. Let me assure you that I have the same anxieties and insecurities as anyone in this auditorium - maybe more.

Quite a few entertainers express similar feelings. I enjoyed the documentary on Mr Rogers. He was certainly very content with his career path.

Does anyone remember the name of the children's book where the mama bunny had a ton of kids and each pair had duties around the household. Cleaning, cooking, etc. And she even had a pair who provided the entertainment. I'm counting on Patty to recall this book -- but speak up if you are not Patty and you know which book I am talking about.

How to Survive Your Stay in the Hospital.
I won't have time to write that book -- but sure wish I did.
I keep thinking about Hector and wondering if he just wants to play in a band.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jean,
    I think the book is The Country Bunny and the Little Gold Shoes, by DuBose Heyward. Two bunnies sing and two dance to amuse the others as they work.
    Gina M., in Texas

    ReplyDelete