Tuesday, September 28, 2021

MegD's envelope + quote.


Mr Wilson and I were both delighted with this. Adorable drawings and we love the quote. It seems to be a handmade envelope. 

Remember how much I loved MicB's envelope yesterday -- all the things I said about spacing apply to the quote below. Nice S. Letting it drop below the base line is another good way to avoid the common problems with S.

And I like the long middle stroke on the E. Does anyone remember when we had the big debate about the center crossbars on E's? Look at the crossbars in the word *OFF*. In that situation, it's OK to make the center crossbar shorter. She needed some white space between those two words.

I generally do not put in punctuation. In this case -- would a question mark have worked? I don't think so. It's a rhetorical question and I don't think you need a question mark with a rhetorical question. I need to research that.

OK - enough. I hope MegD is OK with the comments. She's clearly taken time to study lettering and design.



 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Jean! I’m glad you liked it and your comments are great. (I think it should have had a question mark!)

    ReplyDelete