Saturday, September 4, 2021

Smash's envelope pushing - black no. 10


 A perfect stamp, or pair of stamps. Black/white/red - tried and true. The part that knocked my socks off was how the various elements fit together. I would have never thought to even attempt all those horizontal lines. It has a very natural flow which probably adds to the success of the layout. Very nice.

***
This post had no add-on and I did not notice until the last minute. I have been pondering when to stop talking about my bonk on the head. And as of now, all the blog posts for September are done. OK, the envelopes are posted. I have to go back and fill in with a daily jabber. I'm in the mood to return to jabbering about lettering although a few personal comments are bound to sneak in.

Like this one.

Think twice about getting all your records after a stay in the hospital. There are some truly entertaining tidbits that pop up. I lost count of the number of times I was referred to as "a pleasant 69 y/o woman.* I wonder what terms they use for people who are not pleasant.

Mr Wilson read through the notes as well. His take on my pleasantness was this, "Did you see that they gave you fentanyl in the ER?" WHAT? No, I had no idea. I've been saying that the pain did not kick in until later in the day. Yeah, right. It kicked in when the fentanyl wore off. Dang. I guess I should thank them for alleviating my pain while I was waiting to see if they had to drill holes in my skull or cut a trap door.

Then there was the page with all the things they tested me for. I had nothing in my system. A+ on illicit drug use, Nanna.

My favorite tidbit is this one:


I want to know what the difference is between a chief complaint and a stated complaint.
For some reason, those two lines sound like something from a Monty Python skit.
Things going on in the head are probably hard to diagnose, eh?


1 comment:

  1. I agree that the last lines sound like a Monty Python skit. That made me laugh. And good job being pleasant. :)

    ReplyDelete