Monday, October 2, 2023

To Mary in Sept -- Antiques and shrines




This is on a postcard and inside one of those clear plastic envelopes. I pulled out my watercolors did a set of postcards that have designs and all I need to do is fill in names. The stamp has to go on the outside. On this one, I put a really old, used, vintage stamp on the actual card and then forgot to photograph it. I actually like the Forever stamp better. Maybe Mary can peel it off the envelope and put it over the vintage stamp underneath. It's going to be hard to decide how to use the postcards --- I'll probably regret that I put all the time into them --- 

***

During a visit to a friend who has a ton of cool stuff - the conversation wandered around to Antiques Roadshow - and she mentioned that the programs in Des Moines featured two items that were duplicates of things she owned. I didn't want to ask what the appraisals were - so when I got home, I wondered if the appraisals are on line - and they are. As I surfed through all the items that were on the Des Moines programs - I saw another item - which reminded me of another conversation (with an exchanger) about building *shrines.* We were talking about assembling unfinished projects into larger pieces that were dedicated to giving problem pieces a new perspective.

I also think about taking all the itty bitty items that I have squirreled away and combining them into a shrine - and - voila - here is the exact thing I was thinking about. I am not crazy about the shape of this one - but the concept is lovely.

Maybe there are others who are interested in something like this.

 

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorites from you. I love the simplicity and elegance of it. I didn't take it out of the plastic sleeve, and the stamp on the outside wasn't canceled. Yay!

    ReplyDelete