Sunday, October 22, 2023

Sept flowers to Amy and Grace


Here is another one that could have used a blue stamp - but the Tomi stamp is OK. When I was filling in the names on all these borders that I did without considering stamps or anything else - I was only focusing on French Roundhand. I got close to getting out ink or gouache - but then I found some markers that  were giving pretty crisp lines. Amy's was done with a scroll tip marker. I hardly ever use those tips so a lot of them are in great shape. Note to self - think of more ways to use them.


This was an attempt to stay pretty close to the proportions of one of Sharyn's but it's way off. Too much white space. I did like the way Grace's name and address fit - but I was still pretty rusty with the French Roundhand. Maybe I should stick with that style for a few months and see if I can get it up to snuff.

I like that stamp a lot - but I over worked the floral motif.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment