Wednesday, October 4, 2023

From Irene in Aug - small versions of world's largest whatever


I emailed Irene about Zentangles - wondering if she had ever met Maria Thomas - the originator of the __? Hmm - I don't know what to call it. I guess it is a concept? Now this is going to bother me. Is there anything else like it? It's not just a style - because it has a patterning component to it. If anyone wants to toss out a suggestion - I'm all ears.

Bear with me here - I have had it on my mind to add Irene's IG to the blog. But having something on my mind only goes in two directions -- 1) I forget to do it -- or 2) I do it multiple times. So, here it is - and it might be popping up again - or maybe this is a repeat.




***

Here is another artist with a fun idea. Erika Nelson (of Lucas, KS) loves the roadside attractions that are *world's largest whatever.* After visiting and photographing them she makes *world's smallest replicas* of the large attractions. She has a museum for all of her small items. I did some calculations to see if it was close enough for me to visit. It is not. LINK to article about small versions of world's largest items

I highly recommend the YouTube video that is linked in the article. The photos do not do her pieces justice.




 

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed my zentangle mail from Irene. I'll send you a pic if I remember when I get home. (Currently traveling)

    ReplyDelete