Monday, October 9, 2023

Stacked Carolyn and Kate in Aug - Cloquet, MN

 


I looked at my chart and saw a couple names that did not appear to have a stacked style - so I tried these two. I love the Thinking of You stamps. I like the colors on Kate's but - I felt like it needed something else - and I never came up with anything.




Yesterday, after writing the blurb about the FLWright gas station in Cloquet, I wondered if the paper mill was still operating in Cloquet. When my parents lived in Duluth, once in a while there would be a weird smell. Everyone knew that it was just a tiny whiff of the terrible stench caused by the paper mill in Cloquet. Many of us wondered how anyone could stand to live in Cloquet. 

My curiosity about the status of the paper mill led me to Google - *paper mill Cloquet MN* and there were several articles behind firewalls. I did learn that the mill is celebrating its 125th anniversary and that they are getting into textiles as well as paper. The current name of the mill is Sappi - but that's an international company.

LINK to a short article about the paper mill

I probably won't have time to research this - but the FLW gas station ended up in Cloquet because he was in town designing a home for someone else. I wonder if the person who hired Frank had anything to do with the paper mill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment