Tuesday, October 3, 2023

From Janet in Aug - troll sculptures


Once again, the PO has added to the design by adding spaghetti in two corners. I love that white border and need to use it somewhere. Inside, Janet made a fun card featuring the cover of the Strega Nona book. Very clever idea. Her colored pencil work looks so much like the stamp - I wonder if that was the medium used on the actual art for the book. I read recently that there is a trend of returning to traditional art supplies - instead of digital - that's nice. It didn't take long for the luster of digital to wear off.

I never caught the digital bug. MrWilson bought me a Bamboo tablet when they first came out - and it is still sitting in the box. It's too old to even work with new computers. <sigh>  



I'm not going to write anything about this fabulous sculpture except to whine that the artist only built them on the east and west coast -- it would have been wonderful to have one in the huge wooded area behind my house that is a city park adjacent to our art museum - and has extensive bike trails. Maybe I should contact him and see what it would take to have him build one in Des Moines. Andy Goldsworthy built one of his sculptures in Des Moines - as part of a 3-part piece that included the east and west coast.

Here is the full article about Thomas Danbo and his mammoth trolls.





 

1 comment:

  1. Love Janet's design! That frame is perfect! And your TROLL sculpture/carving is awesome too.

    ReplyDelete