Monday, October 23, 2023

Sept flowers to Sharon - versals to A&B


In my futile quest for blue stamps that went with floral motifs - I came across this one - and I actually love the colors - even though the subject matter is in a totally different direction. This concludes the envelopes I sent in Sept. It was the last of the 10 that were inspired by Sharyn and I think I just gave up and did my own thing when I got to this one. Sharyn does contemporary versions of medieval designs - which is something that lots of us do. I will probably do some more. I definitely like the feel of French Roundhand.

***
Yes - there will be more medieval inspiration. A friend of mine was invited to teach one of those one-time, 2-hour classes - that a lot of calligraphy teachers think are pointless - but I actually learned to love the concept. No, you can't learn calligraphy in 2 hours - but you can learn that alphabets are ancient and there are a gazillion ways to approach lettering and calligraphy. It can whet a person's appetite. 

I've been sending weekly letters to my grandkids - just tossing off things that take very little time. I pulled out an old exemplar from my olden days - for my friend to use in his class. This is an example of how quick and easy a versal can be. I'll figure out a way to share the exemplar on the blog. It's not on a single page. It is an 11x17 document that folds into a little booklet.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment