Sunday, October 8, 2023

From Mia to Chuck - FLWright gas station

 


From Mia to Chuck. This is wildly different from the Mia-envelope sent to me that I posted yesterday. It looks like Mia does at least 2 or maybe more different designs each month. The part of me that likes to tabulate is wondering how many people do one design for everyone - or multiple designs. I'm not sure what we would do with this information. I recognize that font - I've seen it and copied/pasted it into a folder - thinking I would give it a try sometime. It looks like fun.

***

The World's Only Frank Lloyd Wright Gas Station popped up in my emails and I was sure that I had already posted it - but did not find it in a search - so - here it is. Frank's work has always appealed to me and when my parents lived in Duluth, MN, I made a point of visiting the gas station in Cloquet, MN. It's only 2 miles off the interstate. It was a memorable visit - just as every visit to every FLW building has been memorable for me. 

Lots more photos at the link  LINK to FLWright gas station


How it looked in the late 50s - the rest rooms are upstairs in the part with the windows.


How it looks today. They no longer have the sign that says: World's Only FLWright Gas Station. If you click on the photo - you can see a man walking down the steps that lead to the restrooms.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Jean, I deeply regret having allowed too much white space to the right of Chuck's name on that envelope... I had done the blue stencil butter leaf on the envelope previously and had it in my stash, and the lettering just seemed to go nicely with it. Generally, I do a different envelope for each person on the list, trying out different things to see what appeals to me for each name. I keep track of what I've sent each person by adding their name as a caption to my photo before I mail out, so I can search for them in my photos to see what I've sent them in the past. In August I deviated a bit and sent several pink envelopes out to exchangers since I was on a roll with that Barbie theme but Chuck was spared LOL

    ReplyDelete