Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Oct 2022 - from Sharon, Lynne, and Smash


Lots of ravens last year. The envelope above and card below are from Sharon. 
That wonky lettering with wonky scrolls is so much fun to do. As I write this in late Sept and am still pondering what to do for my October envelopes - this style of lettering is now at the top of the list. 

Old English or blackletter is very halloweenish - but never makes my to-do list. I love doing it - but it requires patience and focus. I have the patience but not the focus. Maybe I should print some names out so that I don't have to think so hard about the subtle differences in all those *diamond* shapes. 

I actually love blackletter's simplicity - straight strokes - very few curves. Almost like Legos. 



Pumpkins from Lynne (above) and Smash (below.)


 

2 comments:

  1. The raven/crow with the coin is very clever! Love the pumpkins as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Correction. Sun blast that looks like a penny. 😆

    ReplyDelete