Thursday, October 19, 2023

Oct 2022 - from Maggie - Sept flowers to Mia and Irene




 This seems to be the end of the images that were in my Oct 2022 folder. It's driving me crazy that I can't figure out what that stamp on the left is. Does anyone recognize it? Oh - I figured it out. It's a very bold image on the cancel over the top of a Mary Cassat stamp. The pointed pen dream catcher is lovely.

I'm going to bury a couple envelopes that I sent out for the Sept exchange - because they do not deserve their own post. I was appropriating ideas from Sharyn Sowell. I was looking at her IG before I took her Zoom class. Super steal worthy. But, I was using markers - so mine are not as pretty as her watercolors. I did 10 envelopes - with no names - and then had to figure out which names would fit best with which borders. Maybe panel is a better word - border seems to be something that goes all the way around.


I pondered using some other stamps - but just couldn't make myself fill up that white space. I think there was a really pretty pink flower a while back. After I took the photo I went back and added some orange to the strawberry and flower and it looked better


We hardly ever hear me say that there is too much white space -- but this one seems empty. It suffers from poor planning. I think it was the first one - and it wasn't based on any of Sharyn's designs -- just getting into a flower groove - because flowers are dependable. Lesson learned - even flowers can get lost in space if you don't have a good plan.

This is the stamp that should have gone on Mia's - maybe she can print this out and cover up the orange stamp. Or I could print one out and mail it to her ----





No comments:

Post a Comment