Tuesday, October 10, 2023

To Chuck and Cathy in Aug - (my Oct to Patty, Irene, Rachael, Sharon, Mia, Inta)


I did Chuck's envelope first and thought his last name was wimpy. So, I tried bold and black on Cathy's and I'm not happy with that version. I only had 3 of these envelopes - so - I shall not put any more work into figuring out what to do. The stamp arrangement on Cathy's is more to my liking. I might even go to the main PO and get a hand cancel and see if I can get someone to put it in the bin that will by-pass the cancel machines. A nice red cancel should add to the look.

**** 


After I did the first two - to Cathy and Janet - I did these 6. It's unusual for me to post envelopes before I even mail them - but, I had some really worthless jabbering here - so I'll take this opportunity to replace drivel with some envelopes that show what happens when I make myself do one style over and over ---- and over --- I think Patty was the only one who got capital letters. I did not care for them. Then I had to obsess about how to make the addresses look good and still be legible. 

By the way -- for the people who are receiving these odd orange envelopes - they were square - and they are translucent vellum - so I scored them and cut them off - to be rectangular. I kept hoping I would think of something very clever to put inside - but I never did. So -- I drew some bats - and photocopied them - and used that as filler. It's a shame to miss out on such a good opportunity.

Also - the ink was not waterproof - so I put the same address on the back - in Sharpie - so that if the fronts became impossible to read - the USPS would *return* the envelopes to the exchangers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment