Friday, October 13, 2023

Chuck's Sept gnome - Bamboo guy

 


Here is our monthly gnome from Chuck. Have I already asked if Chuck is going to have a theme for 2024? I know he does a lot of mushroom drawings - but I'm not sure if he wants to layer seasonal motifs onto mushrooms. That seems like a bit of a stretch. I'll keep pondering. He draws very nice flowers - maybe the 12 flowers that go with the months. I think that's a thing --- I feel like my April flower to go with my April stone (diamond) is sweet pea. I wonder who assigned the stones and flowers to the months? Is anyone going to offer to do the research on that one? More importantly -- how does Chuck feel about the 12 monthly flowers for 2024?

***

I debated for several days about whether or not to include this video. It's *off-beat* in several different directions. Definitely off topic. I decided to include it because it is the opposite of Knolling. Remember back in mid-September I mentioned my affinity for lining things up at right angles? There is so much to orderliness and  grids that appeals to me. This guy is all about natural shapes - and points out that there are few (if any) right angles in nature. Maybe in crystals? Snowflakes are pretty rigid with their angles - but they are not 45s. The video reminded me that I'm equally drawn to the disorderliness of nature as I am to manmade grids. It's fun to recognize situations where we can see things both ways and not get all riled up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fRgM-nKiXg


No comments:

Post a Comment