Wednesday, October 11, 2023

To Leslie and Jessica in Aug - Heather Martinez


Leslie's might be a re-run - so I will add another Aug envelope. After looking at the last image on this post - it occurs to me that I am heading off on a tangent where I'm only happy with mis-matched lettering. These two examples are very *meh* to me. I sure like that word *meh.* I might have to research where it came from.


I love the stamp - but my gel pens are all neon - and there is no blue - so I refrained from adding little doo-dads off the stamp. 


Here is a solid on-topic post for the lettering artists. Heather Martinez has a YouTube channel with many videos. I have only watched a couple. It's hard to recommend anything specific since you/we are on different paths. So, I'll let you peruse her offerings. The two videos I watched were very beginner friendly. If you have spent years going to calligraphy conferences - they probably cover things you already know. 

https://www.youtube.com/@GraphicFacilitation/videos

LINK to Heather's website

LINK to Heather's Instagram

If you remember the pangram party from earlier this year - I think  Heather was the one who came up with the idea - and I think she said it will be a yearly event.

Heather's work leans towards the casual side of traditional as well as experimental.







No comments:

Post a Comment