Saturday, October 7, 2023

From Mia in Aug - to Janet and Cathy in Oct



I love both the envelope and the insert. I'm so tempted to get out my paints and brushes and make cards. It probably won't happen in September. Maybe October. 

***
Well, here it is - the last week in Sept (as I write this) and I have been hiding my art supplies from myself. I already wrote about what happened - but can't remember if it's in an upcoming post or one that has already run. It was the one where I took the Zoom class - and then could not stop puttering with my gouache.

I had this good idea to do a bunch of Ed Emberley envelopes for October - because I had done some several years ago - - - or so I thought. I was wondering how many I did and what year it was - and dang - it was just last year. So now I have to find a new idea.

Sneak peek. I found a style that I used on nearly every envelope. These two were the first two - and after about 10 more - I finally found a groove that I liked. Then I wanted to redo these - but - I had already put the stamps on them - so - sorry ladies - next time - I'm putting you at the end of the list - so that you get better versions of whatever I do. 






 

1 comment:

  1. Mia's envelopes are always fun and creative!
    I loved my 2 envelopes from you this month Jean. The orange vellum with the bats turned out great. What kind of ink did you use? My name felt a bit raised.

    ReplyDelete