Thursday, April 27, 2023

To Troy in March. -- glue stick rant


While it was fun to get out the nibs and ink - this combination of elements is clunky. I thought Troy would like the stamps. I'm very fond of them - and should think of something more creative to go with them.

Below - I am rerunning Janet's envelope to Peggy because it was one that I tried to schedule ahead - but then clicked the button to post it immediately and did not realize that it was up for half a day. So, I left it there. I am rerunning it for anyone who checks the blog early and would have missed it. The lettering intrigues me - and I keep pondering whether or not I want to try to figure out the whole alphabet.


And because Troy is one of the fans of rants - I will toss in a brief rant about how hard it is to find something as simple as a glue stick. They have packs of 12 in the small size - but I can't for the life of me find a big one - and certainly not a Uhu. Yes, I know I could order them online - but there is something about that whole process (and the packaging) that goes against my grain. Most of this rant is at Michael's. They are 5 minutes away - but so lacking in basics. Grrrrrr. I refrained from grrrrrring at the people with carts overflowing with cheap decorations. The whole point of crafts is to buy the art supplies and make stuff. End of rant.
 

1 comment:

  1. I love this envelope. It's fun! I'm nodding my head in agreement and saying 'yup' to your Michaels rant (as if you can hear me). I was saying similar to my daughter-in-law just a couple of weeks ago. By the way, I found your blog through the Mail Art News blog (I like to give credit so people know where their traffic is coming from). https://mailartnews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete