Sunday, April 16, 2023

To Jean and Grace in March

This one is a little wacky. I really liked those stamps - but, I had very mixed results in how they worked out. And that's all I have to say about that. Below, I should probably not say anything because I have nothing nice to say. It is painful to send something wretched to anyone on the list -- but I do not have the luxury of doing endless designs until I get one that I like. 

Maybe it's helpful to be precise about what's wrong with the envelope. Obviously I was not liking the way some of them were so top heavy. Bouncing around did not help at all. I finally stuck MrZIP in there because it was such an awkward space. The letters were done loosely - and then the grid was too confining. I think the bouncing is contrary to the grid.

And 4 stamps - rather than 5 bothers me. But with 5 stamps it would have needed a larger envelope. There are no rules for proportion - it's just something that is either pleasing or barfworthy.  


No comments:

Post a Comment